An electronic health record (EHR) is a systematic collection of electronic health information about an individual patient or population. It is a record in digital format that is theoretically capable of being shared across different health care settings. In some cases this sharing can occur by way of network-connected, enterprise-wide information systems and other information networks or exchanges. EHRs may include a range of data, including demographics, medical history, medication and allergies, immunization status, laboratory test results, radiology images, vital signs, personal statistics like age and weight, and billing information.
The system is designed to represent data that accurately captures the state of the patient at all times. It allows for an entire patient history to be viewed without the need to track down the patient’s previous medical record volume and assists in ensuring data is accurate, appropriate and legible. It reduces the chances of data replication as there is only one modifiable file, which means the file is constantly up to date when viewed at a later date and eliminates the issue of lost forms or paperwork. Due to all the information being in a single file, it makes it much more effective when extracting medical data for the examination of possible trends and long term changes in the patient.
EHR Software allows you to automate workflow while improving your clinical accuracy and outcomes.
Benefits of EHR software:
Flexible and customizable documentation
EHR software that has been designed to improve workflow efficiency and operational control. Advanced MD flexible and customizable patient encounter documentation can be configured to complement your work style and clinical approach.
With this one can,
- Design their own notes- Use the visual note designer to layout your own notes to your exact preference.
- Speech and transcription- Utilize third-party tools to enter notes according to your desired workflow.
- Autofill charge slip- Procedure, diagnosis and modifier codes are sent directly to the medical billing tools.
View your patient info, your way
Quickly scan allergy, medication and problems lists, plus review medical, family and social histories—within the same view. Best of all, you can configure the patient chart to your preference. Easily organize the EHR software to compliment your workflow.
- User definable folders- Keep patient charts organized in folders that mimic a paper chart.
- Role based views and preferences- Each user and provider can create custom views and preferences.
- View the chart your way- Configure the patient chart and organize the information the way you like it.
Trend patient’s health over time and across visitsPredefined and custom flow sheets provide a graphical or table summary of changing factors, from patient’s vital signs or weight to the treatments and medications given. Plus, results automatically populate into the flow sheet.
Create custom health plans
Health Watcher automatically sends reminders to you and your patients with medical advice and healthcare best practices. Easily create customizable health plans based on clinical decision support and parameter-based triggers.
- Customizable- Build custom plans to manage specific conditions based on factors such as age, sex, diagnosis and lab results.
- Automatic alerts- The EHR software automatically generates alerts for appointment recall, prescription refills and lab orders.
- Individual or group plans- Health maintenance plans and protocols can be assigned to individual patients or a group of patients.
Analyze, monitor and quantify population health
Use built-in and customizable reports to analyze and monitor patient populations. Improve the quality of care and ensure consistency of care across your practice.
- Meaningful use reports- Quickly track and review the progress toward meaningful use compliance.
- Query by clinical data- Easily build patient lists with structured data and results.
- Health analytics- Patient health analytics allow you to quantify your healthcare processes and outcomes.
Receive and share health information electronically
Yes it’s interoperable; our EHR software allows you to coordinate care across settings. Electronically receive and exchange orders, results, referrals, consults, medical histories, summaries and more.
- Submit health data to registries- Electronically transmit health-related data to immunization, public health registries and cancer registries.
- Manage transition of care- Share patient clinical information with outside entities: hospital, next provider of care and health information exchanges.
- Secure document exchange- Interfaced lab and imaging results automatically flow to the patient chart. Saving time for you and your patients.
Engage with your patients online
Advanced MD patient portal gives your patients a secure, convenient online portal to schedule appointments, communicate, request prescription renewals, as well as make payments with a credit card.
- Reduce phone calls- Save time from tracking lab results and prescription refill requests. Data are posted to patient accounts for easy, convenient access.
- Provide results and summaries- Deliver care summaries, lab results and patient education through the convenience of the patient portal.
- Secure communication- Your patients can access their medical records through an online portal in a secure, HIPAA compliant environment.
Manage documents, images, audio and video
Quickly sort, search and summarize documents and images. You and your staff can embed, annotate and manage documents and images from anywhere within the EHR.
- Multiple file types- PDF, JPG, Microsoft Word, TIF, GIF, BMP as well as a variety of audio and video files.
- Upload and attach documents- Easily attach uploaded files to a patient record based on a specific visit.
Synchronize and coordinate staff communicationEliminate sticky notes, phone tag, and yelling down the hall. Unified messaging is a secure communications platform built into the EHR that allows your staff to easily communicate so the patient has a seamless, consistent experience from check-in to checkout.